- Warm Cloth giving drive >> Though the poverty incidence in our country is decreasing but still a significant number of our total population is living below the poverty line. Many of them live as refugees or in slums. During the winter they suffer a lot, even die from various seasonal diseases. As we feel their sufferings, we are arranging many warm clothes giving drives throughout the mostly affected parts of the country in winter.
- Donation and Construction >> We believe philanthropic contribution is the most effective way to eradicate social disparity. Thus, our Company has been donating significant amount of money to the people, those who are suffering from social difference. Several students for their higher education, aid for hajj program for the deprived people, humanity program, free medicine distribution, aid for poor patient and so on are our regular donating program throughout the year. We also donated in the Government Offices for their renovation activities which made their work so smooth towards the mass.
- Education of the Blind People >> Disabled children are the neglected in our society. As they are part of our society, we need to nurture them to make them efficient to our society. Thus, our company has been donating a regular amount of money to several blind students in their education which is removing the darkness of illiteracy.
- Merit Scholarship >> As the poor student doesn’t have the financial support for their education along with their other needs. We are providing several poor students with proper financial assistance to support their education. We also motivate the meritorious students by awarding them for their great success in exams.
- Fire Service & Civil Defense >> Fire Service and Civil Defense is a service oriented first responding Government Organization of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The activity of the organization is devoted for the peoples. They organized various awareness programs to aware mass people on various disasters. Crown Cement Group always sponsors awareness and sensitizing seminars like “Earthquake Vulnerability Preparedness and Way Forward” organized time to time by the Fire Service and Civil Defense.
- Environmental and Social Obligations >> Crown Cement Group recognizes that various human activities leave harmful effects on ecological systems, climate and public health. In connection, the organization has made a commitment towards promoting sustainable environmental practices through all its activities. To grow a healthy environment, we have donated “Gulshan Joggers Society, a club of the walkers at Gulshan Park” for organizing their awareness program for motivating the city people in living healthy life. We also donated Gulshan Society for their several awareness program and activities. We donated to a film for building social awareness which was presented to the mass people in the rural areas.
- Assistance for the Rohingya Refugee >> Close to a million Rohingyas have fled violence in Myanmar to seek refuge across the border in Bangladesh. This unprecedented number of refugees, of whom more than half are children, has caused a large-scale humanitarian crisis. We have donated a huge amount to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund under its CSR activities to support the Rohingya Refugees. We have also directly delivered foods, clothes & medicines to the large number of Rohingya Refugees at Teknaf, Chottogram.
- Honoring our Freedom Fighters >> We, Crown Cement Group believe that, we are doing business in our independent country because of the sacrifice of those Freedom Fighters who has given their life to free our country from Pakistan. It is our great opportunity to honor those War Heroes who is still alive and also the family members who has given their life to gain freedom of our country. We are honoring the War Heroes by awarding some of them. This year we have awarded Md. Fazlul Hoque, Bir Protik, Shamima Khanom, sister of Shahid Mahfuzur Rahman Khan, Bir Protik (posthumous), Sk. Md. Anwar Hossain Pahari, Bir Protik. It is not marketing or branding, it’s a Social Responsibility for us.
- Enlightening Communities through Religion >> We do value the religious perspectives of our communities. We promote our religious values throughout the year through sponsoring and donating various Religious Programs, Mosques, Madrashas & Puja Utshabs.
- Donation to the Underprivileged >> We live in the country where most of the people are underprivileged. Remembering this we do the donation for the poor people, physically disabled people, Books for the slump children, severe patients both inside the officials and also outsider of the office.
- Promoting the Youth >> We always support the youth for their unlimited possibilities to do the right changes in the society. Keep it mind, we sponsored a program for the youth in association with The Daily Star i.e. ‘Rise High Bangladesh’ which enabled us to collect the fresh and innovative ideas of the youth and promote it as well as to make it in reality.
- Donation to CRP >> Donation to Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) for purchasing Operation Equipment of the Operation Theater which enabled CRP to provide smooth service to the underprivileged disabled patient.
- Business Research by District Level College Students >> We all know that practical experience is the best, and internships give students that hands-on experience they need. In other words, quality internships are essential to develop key skills that students can’t get in a classroom. Internships are a proven way to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience while establishing important connections in the field.With all these value-added features in our plan, every year we offer internship opportunities to a good number of college students who are mainly based in the district level. Under our unique model of internship, students can perform their internship by engaging themselves in research work in their respective districts without moving to Dhaka. During internships, students are first trained and paid reasonable allowances.
While Dhaka is well-known for dominating every facility that job-seekers require, Crown Cement Group extends helping hand to pull students of district level up by creating first job opportunities for many students. Besides internship facilities, the high achievers of interns are taken into the regular job too. So far about 1400 students have been brought under this scheme. The scheme has already gained extra popularity within the short span of time.
- We Honor Teachers >> A Teacher’s Motto is “Once a teacher always a teacher.” Teachers choose teaching not only because of their favorite subject and but also because they like the students mostly. The teachers teach students carefully with utmost sincerity, and love them as their own children. We owe them more than our parents. Our parents bring us up and give us food and drink for our survival, but teachers stimulate our hearts with the light of knowledge and remove all sorts of ignorance. The study that we do at schools and colleges build the foundation of our character.Bangladesh is blessed with many dedicated teachers, but few could get due honor, especially at their end part of life either from their students or from the society. Teachers deserve respect from parents, students, the state, and the community because they play a critical role in shaping the society. It is true that teachers are paid salaries and provided with other facilities; but a teacher’s love and blessing can never be measured in terms of money. Crown Cement Group truly realized this reality and introduced “Teachers’ Award Program” for great teachers especially at the district level. Until now, about 400 teachers have been awarded under this program.
It is relevant to add here that recipients of Awards praise our initiative enthusiastically. Some awardees are under the impression that only Crown Cement has come forward to recognize uniquely our life long services toward the society. Many of them termed ‘beyond expectation’.
- Engineers Recognized for Contribution towards Development in District Level >> Development and construction move in parallel. Engineers, especially civil engineers take ultimate responsibility for the projects that they manage or research that they perform. Therefore, they must be able to lead planners, surveyors, construction managers, civil engineering technicians, civil engineering technologists, and others in implementing their project plan. When we are thinking about starting a construction work or undertaking an infrastructure project, whose names appear at the top of our mind, they are nobody but the ‘Engineers’. But these engineers, especially in Upazila level in our country hardly get due recognition for their contribution to the development of our country.Although many organizations/institutions praise engineers and award them, but they are mostly located in Dhaka. Focusing on its core value of recognizing talents, Crown Cement Group came up with an idea to recognize outstanding performance of engineers. Within a short span of time, about 200 engineers have been awarded for their contribution towards the development at the district level of the country.
- Tarunyer Joyotsob- A Countrywide Career Counselling Initiative >> Youths are the future of this country. But, many of them are frustrated, aimless, worried about future and disconnected from their family, resulted in unemployment, involvement with militancy and drug addiction. M. I. Cement Factory Limited (Crown Cement) in association with Prothom Alo, the largest Bengali daily in Bangladesh, launched a program styled “Tarunyer Joyotsob” to motivate the youths of Bangladesh as well as to show them the path of developing skills, innovations, work ability and achieving the own goals.The theme of the program is “Poth Ghurao Nijer Pothe”. It was launched on April 4, 2018 at a function at Dhaka University. Since then, 12 campus activation programs and four workshops have been held at different university campuses in Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla, Mymensingh and Rangpur. And more will be held in other major cities before the gala event of Tarunyer Joyotsob.